Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Akira Kurosawa "Dreams"

Two days ago I was watching some of the inserts from Kurosawa's movie "Dreams", because I wanted to remind myself of the particular scenes that have been stuck in my head since first time I watched this movie. These days I have been thinking a lot of the part when the man gets into Van Gogh's painting....because that is exactly what I want to do to the viewer. I want to invite him/her into the space of my drawings/paintings and to allow him/her to walk into the macrocosmic space of my visual moments. I want to create that space by using technology. I see technology as a manipulative tool that shifts human's  perception and provides an illusion of color and space. I want to confront pictorial space to three-dimensional space. I want to call into play the color light-the physical color.



This is a link for the movie, so you all know what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We8NpHPXzwI

No comments:

Post a Comment