Saturday, February 11, 2012

New thoughts

I have been thinking of what is missing in my work....? I think TECHNOLOGY is the answer. In my personal opinion art + technology is the future. I want to use technology as a tool for my drawings, in the same way as I use oil pastels...to use it to create a sense of my drawings.
Why not integrate, LED lights, Fiber optics and LCD projections from computer technology?
It could be a way cheaper than buying oil pastels every second week and would give me a chance to do more experiments at little cost.
I also have been thinking of doing installations, using wire, thread, marbles ( some of them come in great colors)....collecting different materials that I can use in order to gain the visual effects of my drawings.

I found a few artist that I have been inspired by in terms of the materials that they use.
1. Yayoi Kusama






2. Carnovsky design studio: http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2010/november/carnovsky-rgb-wallpaper-new-show
I am attracted to technology, not by subject matter/





3. 4.5 million light-emiting diodes offer an amazing spectacle at Nabana no Soto park in Japan




4. Astrid Krogh
   Optical fibres: 
   http://www.astridkrogh.com/html/exh-10.html









1 comment:

  1. Hi Natasa,
    This is a really interesting direction for your work...I would have never thought that technology would interest you in your work! Somehow, there's something that's so much about mark making and touch that you use - technology can be distancing that way. Do you know about the Hacktory in Philadelphia? http://www.thehacktory.org/
    they offer free or cheap classes in all kinds of things technological for novices. they recently had a workshop on weaving with thread that can conduct enough electric to light up LEDs along the way.
    The thing that really syncs up with your sensibility in this idea is your love of color. Color is light, but the light that's projected (illuminated) is very different in color, character, qualities, ramifications to the space, etc. I'm assuming you know James Turrell's work? What's nice about it is how it shows that something very simple, and not so hard to do, can have a remarkable effect.
    How do you think you might be able to move forward in exploring technology in your work?
    ~jenn

    ReplyDelete